I’m not sure, but apparently it’s an award for wonderful bloggers with under two hundred followers, for those who didn’t know.
The Liebster Award has been around for a while, and if you googled it (or used whatever seach engine of your preference) right now, as of February 13th, you would find hundred of bloggers like me, who has also posted their own thoughts and responses to this award. Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, dearest, most pleasant, etc.
I don’t think I’m as sweet or kind or dear or as pleasant as other people in the blogosphere, (but I really appreciate the thought, Holly, my nominator. I actually think you’re more liebsterish than me, though). In fact, I could be kind of sarcastic and snarky when I feel like it. Perhaps egoistic, too.
Anyway, here are the basic rules for fellow participants of the mythical Liebster award.
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from your tagger/nominator.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Please tell them that you’ve nominated them, too.
4. No tag backs! We wouldn’t people to get double nominations. Too much work for them, anyways.
So, here’s my Liebster Award response thingamajiggy.
11 Things About Myself
1. I have a strange attachment to cookies and my lovely 5-year-old heater, yet, I hate having both of them in the same room.
2. I have issues with sticking to a schedule. If I was supposed to come to an event at 5, then I’ll either come at 4 or give up at the last minute and ditch. Guess this is what it means to be a free spirit…
3. My greatest goal is to master practically every instrument that exists in the history of mankind.
4. One of my greatest fears is my deceased Dell laptop coming back to seek revenge for accidentally killing its hard drive with a wooden drumstick.
5. The television itself peeves me off, but I’m fine with watching t.v. shows on my laptop.
6. I have major issues with my confidence.
7. My greatest dream, not goal, is be successful, and prove to the latter half of my family (the half of my paternal family that hates me for my lineage) that my mom was indeed a great mother and raised me wonderfully.
8. My favorite past-time is daydreaming.
9. I enjoy hugging my dog when she’s not attempting to eat my face.
10. Nutella or any similar product makes me nauseous.
11. I have recurring nightmares about a stuffed, pink poodle named Lola that I lost when I was 8 while looking at new houses to move in with my parents.
Answering 11 Questions From Holly, my Nominator Friend Person
1. Why do you blog/write/journal?
I blog to express the thoughts and feelings that I bottle up inside in real life, truthfully. That, and to just have fun writing what I want and meeting new people.
2. What is your deepest, truest desire?
I have to say that my deepest, truest desire is to improve myself and help make the world a better place for both nature and mankind to co-exist peacefully without attempting to kill off each other.
3. If you win the Liebster Award, will you celebrate? If so, how? If not, why not?
I honestly wouldn’t celebrate if I won the award. I would actually feel a bit too guilty about the fact that it was given to somebody like me. I’m sure that there’s lots of other people there who fit the description of “Liebster.” But, I would still appreciate the award, because I could meet new people
4. How do you feel about blogging awards?
I think that they’re great. Blogging awards bring attention and prestige to deserving bloggers. They bring awareness to good blogs.
5. What is your most dominant pet peeve about writers/bloggers?
When they attempt to sell me (or the reader) something stupid.
6. What do you thing about your own writing/blogging?
Meh. It’s alright, but I’m sure I could do better, with more experience.
7. How honest are you when you write/blog?
Pretty honest, although I may exaggerate on details sometimes.
8. Do your ears hang low? Do they wobble to and fro?
No, and no. Period.
9. Are you tired of these questions?
You could say that.
10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go, and why?
I’d go back to the time when my dad was still sick and alive in the hospital bed, and make my mom bring the dang lawyer so he could write his will, because it’s the main reason my entire family basically ripped itself apart, fighting over his money. I wouldn’t prevent his death though, because his arrival in heaven was what God basically wanted, I think.
11. What is one word or phrase you are known for using in either your writing/blogging, or when your talking to others?
When talking to others, I’m probably known for saying, “Can I have that (insert food here)?” I especially enjoy eating other people’s cookies.
Annoying, Typical Questions for My Nominees (I Tried. Don’t Hurt ME)
1. What genre of music do you dislike the most, if any?
2. What is one skill or talent that you would want the most?
3. Who is your role model, if any, and why?
4. What’s your reason for starting a blog?
5. What is your current favorite song?
6. What irritates you the most?
7 Do you have any irrational fears? What are they (if you’re willing to say)?
8. Would you be willing to jump off an airplane (with a parachute)? Why or why not?
9. What was your weirdest dream?
10. If there was a zombie apocalypse (which I highly doubt, I hope), what three items would you want the most to survive and defend yourself against these moving corpses?
11. Did any of these questions irritate you, honestly?
And Here are the Nominees
1. Katy Stuff – a cute blog about a woman and her adorable family.
2. alwayssimplybegin – a cool, picturesque blog of faith and life
3. The Princess Albums – a cute blog by a mother depicting the life of her and her princesses.
4. Musicblog95 – obviously about music. And it’s cool.
5. Stressing Out College – a stressed-out college student with a sense of humor
I only have 5. I’m sorry. Does this mean that I’m disqualified? Oh well.
And why is there so many 11’s?